I'll go ahead and admit that there was a small blip in the near perfect morning of my soon to be named niece's birth. Caught up in the excitement of entering the room and seeing the new baby, I walked over to give Cheryl a hug and tell her congrats, good job, cute baby, etc. I guess I didn't notice the small table next to Cheryl's hospital bed. The movable table was empty, except for a large styrofoam cup of ice and ice cold water. Somehow en route to Cheryl, I managed to knock over the cup of ice and ice water. Most of it fell to the ground, but probably a good quarter cup of ice landed on Cheryl or in her bed. Just what every woman wants after going through labor -- being forced to lay in a bed soaked with ice cold water. Cheryl was, of course, totally gracious and kind about it. She almost convinced me that her comfort level was not affected. What a great mommy. I would have believed her if not for the shivers. There are lots of babies being born right now - everyone please watch out for those tricky movable tables and styrofoam cups.
Monday, August 11, 2008
The New Baby!
I'll go ahead and admit that there was a small blip in the near perfect morning of my soon to be named niece's birth. Caught up in the excitement of entering the room and seeing the new baby, I walked over to give Cheryl a hug and tell her congrats, good job, cute baby, etc. I guess I didn't notice the small table next to Cheryl's hospital bed. The movable table was empty, except for a large styrofoam cup of ice and ice cold water. Somehow en route to Cheryl, I managed to knock over the cup of ice and ice water. Most of it fell to the ground, but probably a good quarter cup of ice landed on Cheryl or in her bed. Just what every woman wants after going through labor -- being forced to lay in a bed soaked with ice cold water. Cheryl was, of course, totally gracious and kind about it. She almost convinced me that her comfort level was not affected. What a great mommy. I would have believed her if not for the shivers. There are lots of babies being born right now - everyone please watch out for those tricky movable tables and styrofoam cups.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
awwww
Post a Comment