Monday, September 15, 2008

The Good Life.....so close!

A weekend at a gorgeous central Texas resort, free spa sessions, three days of complimentary food and drinks. I've been looking forward to this upcoming weekend since I joined the firm eighteen months ago. Since the firm only has this retreat once every two years, this year's retreat was going to be my first! And I have been so excited about introducing The Democrat to my co-workers, and showing him that the people I describe and their personalities are for real.

In fact the three people that read this blog probably have heard me describe how the timing of this retreat was affecting my future plans. I didn't want to do or say anything at work that could give the impression that I was moving (which we're still not sure about!) and potentially jeopardize my attendance at the retreat. Believe me, this date has been circled on my calendar for a long time! But Hurricane Ike and concern for our Houston-based attorneys changed those plans and caused our retreat to be cancelled and rescheduled until 2009. 2009!?! I have no idea where I'll be in 2009.

I'm not a dummy; obviously, I know my disappointment is nothing compared to the disappointment of the people in Houston or Galveston that lost their homes and have no electricity or running water. My thoughts and prayers are tuned in to everyone affected, and I hope life returns to normal for everyone as soon as possible. But I'll go ahead and add another entry to my list of reasons why I'd never want to live in Houston.

I know I haven't blogged in a while, but there has been a lot of good stuff going on. I plan to post a new blog with pictures tonight while I watch the Cowboys v. Eagles game.

PS. As for the previous picture, please don't be fooled. Jason is one-half of the best-looking and most-photogenic couple I know. I'll post a picture that does them both justice sometime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The real good life begins November 22nd.