Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I love the baking, the casual time in the kitchen with my family, the days off from work, the football, and the after Thanksgiving sales. I can't wait! Another thing I'm excited about this year is the Fort Worth Turkey Trot. 19 members of my family are running in the 5k on Thursday morning. The weather is expected to be in the 40s, so hope people don't regret signing up!

I talked to Mathew over webcam the other night. In my best sing-song, "talk to little kid" voice, I was telling him about Thanksgiving Day. I told him that we were all going to get up early Thursday morning and do something real fun. (Mathew & Emily will be in a stroller). I told him we were going to drive to Fort Worth, see lots of people, run in a race together, it will be real great, everyone is going to be there, etc.

Mathew let me drone on for a while and then he just looked at me through the webcam and said, "Oh, you mean the Turkey Trot? Yeah, I know about that." That little guy. Here' s recent pic of him and Emily being super sweet.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family & friends!

No comments: