I have been thinking about starting blog for a long time. Not because I'm interesting, intelligent, or amusing. And not because I have deep or amazing insight to offer the world. I blog only because I am so addicted to other people's blogs and think it is my turn to give back. I make the time to read great blogs like "Eskimak", "BillandStaceyFarrell", "Kiddlive", "kitchenhobbyist", "101 Cookbooks", "Don't be that Bride" "Real Estate Bloggers" "ND Krafts" "Syd0330" and more (including a new favorite that I'm keeping secret for now) every single day, no matter how busy i am. These people make me laugh, think, appreciate, and create. I cherish each new post.
Today was a sad day when I woke up and saw Eskimak's last post. For personal reasons Eskimak has chosen to retire from blogging and will be greatly missed. But for you Eskimak fans, don't worry she's come out of retirement before and I'm confident she and Brett Farve will both be coming out of retirement sometime late summer. Still, with Eskimak's temporary departure, i realize that there will be a void in the blogging world. I'm not trying to fill Eskimak's shoes - well maybe just one shoe. I'll let someone else handle the other shoe.
For those of you curious about the name of this blog -- Ammai is the name that my dear nephew calls me. Anytime i go over large bumps, like the speed bumps in my apartment complex, I guess I say the word bumpy. Didn't really notice it until my nephew started saying it. Funny to hear it coming from his little head. My brother likes to ask him, "What does Ammai say?" and a lot of times his answer is "Ammai says bumpy". It's cute, but i do say other things too.
I'm not quite sure what I'll write about or just how personal this blog will get, but I know my favorite blogs are honest, so I promise this one will be too. I'm sure it will be filled with stories of the nephew and my upcoming wedding :). My super fiancee has expressed hesitation about this blog, something about hurting his political future, so for now I'll just refer to him as The Democrat.
This will be a short post since I'm at work and busy today, but I will try my best to update regularly, as I know that rule #1 of a good blog to post regularly. Hook em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Z,
I am sooo excited to read about your new blog. I can't wait to hear waht you say. Just don't think this replaces our daily emails in any way. So awesome you started this! I may just have to join you one day.
Looking forward to all the exciting blogs ahead, as you know I also do really cherish the blogs. Esmimak you will be sorely missed.
nups
ZTA!
I went downstairs grabbed a cup of coffee, went back to my desk and settled in to read your first entry. So excited about your blog!
can't wait to read more!
Z,
great start to your new blog. It's a super way for people to feel connected to you. I know I will look forward to each post
sandhy
Post a Comment