We finally ran the hill today. I was hoping that the group ran it on Monday, when I skipped, but no such luck. Running the hill involves sprinting up a 45 degree incline and running back down as fast as you can without falling. Today we had to run up and down 8 times, with sit-up sets in between each time. Running the hill is hard. By the fourth time, my legs felt like jelly. I am really impressed/amazed by the other people in this boot camp. They are machines! It seems like none of this fazes them - no one is huffing and puffing like me!
I made it to boot camp yesterday too, but didn't get time to post. Yesterday involved a lot of running and a lot of lunges. We jogged from Austin High School to the Lamar Bridge pedestrian bridge. Since it was a mile-long jog, out boot camp instructor told us not to bring the mats/towels we usually use to do our crunches, push-ups,etc. It would have been a pain to carry, but I would have preferred that to the alternative we faced - doing these things on the concrete Lamar Pedestrian Bridge. It was so nasty, so many people and so many dogs are on that thing every day and there we were, laying down on top of all their tracks. I had to move in the middle of one set because the smell of pee was too strong for me to handle. This was the first time I was mad at our boot camp instructor. I was also mad at her today after the hill, even though she did give me two "way to go zeena"s.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go, Zeena! This boot camp must be pretty hard core if you feel like you're the only one struggling. I can't even imagine if I was there haha.
Post a Comment