Monday, August 17, 2009

A new reason to blog

I know myself very well, and I know that I am, in general, a quitter. Well quitter is harsh... and inaccurate since I haven't given up on many of the things I've started. More specifically, I'm a a non-finisher. My current list of things started but not finished, but not given up on, include: learning the guitar, creating a budget, and thank you notes from our wedding. The last one is horribly embarrassing, considering the wedding was almost 10 months ago. 10 MONTHS and not finished with the thank you notes?! I know, it's inexcusable. And The Democrat and I are so thankful for our extremely generous friends and family. If you are reading this and waiting for your thank you note, please know we love you and we appreciate your gift. And as for the notes, we're working on them...well...sometimes we are working them, right now I'm trying to revive a blog.

I realize that I am a person who only thrives when I'm accountable to someone, so I thought I'd use this blog to help me get through my latest endeavor started - GO Fit Austin Boot Camp. The Camp is M-Th at 5:45 for the next three weeks. It's early, but it's only for three weeks. I can do anything for three weeks right? Maybe even keep a blog. This is my second time boot camp, but the first time was only possible because of my awesome Boot Camp partner. But she's off to law school, and I'm on my own. Other than my wonderful husband who has promised to help me get up in the mornings.

Today was the first day of boot camp. The alarm went off at 5:00 am and I snoozed for 10 minutes, but then popped out of bed and headed down to town lake. Today was a supposedly "easy" assessment day. We ran 2 miles, did sit-ups, push-ups and squats jumps to get a baseline. I hadn't run in forever, and I hadn't been up before 6 am in forever. I drove home, panting from my workout, came home and collapsed on the bedroom floor for exactly ten minutes. (Too dirty for the bed!). A quick shower and 20 minutes of napping, out the door by 830. I can't believe I'm about to do this all over again in just a few short hours. Tomorrow we run hills, i think. I'm nervous. Wish me luck....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job -- you can do it!!!

jkala said...

yea! i hear ya on the thank you notes ;) you'll get thru boot camp!!!

Unknown said...

Zeena, as your former Boot Camp partner, I think you need to remember something very important - you are a fitness machine! It might take you a couple of days to get back into the swing of things, but I have absolutely no doubt that by the end of the week, you'll be right back there at the head of the pack running laps and doing so many pull ups that it puts those of us with absolutely no upper body strength to shame! Good luck!

LSJ said...

I think it's hilarious that you napped after your workout and before work! I used to do that after the bootcamp in dallas :)
Great job waking up so early! you can do it!