Thursday, August 20, 2009

So far, so good.

Successfully completed week 1 of boot camp. Only two more weeks of self-imposed brutality. The chipper boot camp instructor that I talked about yesterday was not around this morning! Instead, we were greeted with a 6-month pregnant, substitute trainer named Kelly. She was super cute and chipper. She didn't do all the activities with us, but did run a little bit, what a nut to be up at 5:45am with her round belly. Assuming I am ever pregnant, that will soooo not be me. Democrat - please remind me of this if I try to do a boot camp while pregnant.

Workout today consisted of sprinting up a ramp by the Deep Eddy pool. Once we were at the top of the ramp, we'd pick up an activity card and sprint back down to our partner who was waiting at the bottom of the ramp. We'd read the activity card and do whatever exercise was written - 25 squats, 40 crunches, 25 jumping jacks, etc. Then your partner would run up the ramp, pick up a card, sprint, back down, etc. First one to finish all the activity cards "won". It was like playing a board game. The morning ended with yoga moves and lots of stretching, it felt great after a week of beating my body up. Why didn't I do a yoga boot camp?

The Democrat and I just finished the much anticipated premier of Project Runway. I'm glad they kicked the crazy girl off, and I'm excited to follow the young Persian girl from Richardson! Who is your favorite? I was not happy about Lindsay Lohan's presence...why was she on there? I think Project Runway is a classier than that. This was the The Democrat's first time to watch the show and he was not impressed...but we only have one TV so he couldn't do much about it! I did compromise and agree to watch Sportscenter instead of the Models after the Runway show, which seemed surprisingly interesting.

Well, i'm off to do some legal work, the boring, billable kind. No boot camp tomorrow, looking forward to sleeping in!!

No comments: