I managed to make it to class this morning, was even a few minutes early. I went to class fearing that today would be the day we ran "the hill", but smiled a huge smile when I realized it was not a day for the hill. (We ran up this same hill in the first boot camp, and it was truly the most horrible workout I've ever done). Instead, we did interval training around the Austin High School track. Yeah for the flat, paved track! In total, we probably ran almost three miles, broken up in to spurts of sprinting and jogging. In between the sprints and jogs, we'd stop at different stations and do various standing crunches. We also did some silly thing where we would bend down and place our hands on this huge log. that was laid outside of the track. So I was bent, with both feet together on the left side of the log. Then, keeping our feet together, we'd jump from side of the log, over to the other, and back, repeating this for a minute. This probably doesn't make any sense to you. But, it was tough and stupid looking.
As i was doing this stupid looking, tough exercise, I realized that I'm a really bad jumper. I don't think I was ever taught how to properly jump? Isn't this something that you were supposed to learn in Elementary school, right before that Presidential Fitness test? I have a two inch vertical leap, if that. I also suck at jump-roping, never learned how to do that whole single bounce thing, I still do the double bounce, which no one should do after second grade. I got three free personal training lessons when I joined Golds Gym and the trainer used to make start off by making me do the jump rope. It was so embarrassing to be in the middle of the Gold's Gym hardbodies and do my silly double bounce jump-roping. She never said it, but I think the trainer was a little embarrassed for me.
So far, I'm happy with the boot camp. It does feel good to get up and start my day with exercise. I am sore - which is kind of miserable, but in a sadistic way, also feels great. I'm not sure what to make of the boot camp instructor so far. My last boot camp instructor looked like a Lakers Girl. She showed up at 6am with a perfect ponytail, and a totally done-up face - base, blush, eyeliner, lipstick, everything. She also had a body that could only come from working out 12 hours a day, and wore the world's shortest shorts. Seeing her always made me laugh because she was just way too much for 6am. She wasn't the most motivating, just sort of watched as you did your workout, probably thinking about how she only had 23 hours left in the day to get her own exercise in.
The new boot camp girl keeps it real. She shows up at 540 wearing normal person's length shorts and a t-shirt. She has a normal fit person's body. She is super encouraging, basically for the whole hour, she is screaming, "atta girl" "great job [X]" "looking good [Y]" "keep it up"]. I am still deciding whether this is helpful or annoying.
I'm off to watch The Democrat play softball....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Atta Girl Ammai. Keep it up
Aw man, she sounds way better than the Laker girl. But I am sad to hear that you still have to run up that hill!
Post a Comment